Client Industry – eCommerce (Shopify)
Goal – Generate Online Sales from Facebook
Amount Spent – $5500+
Purchase – 168
Purchase Value – $18,475
ROAS – 3.27
Our client had a really great SEO presence but on Facebook, they’d only tried boosting the post. Their creatives were outstanding and their brand is very popular. It’s been around for the last 5+ decades. Since the client never launched a Facebook ads campaign, it was a bit hard to generate sales initially which is why our overall ROAS ended up below 3.5. But the data we received during the first stage of the campaign helped us a lot to optimize the next stage. Below is the performance of the 2nd stage of the campaign where we ended up with ROAS of 7.5+.
What we did?
- Added Facebook Pixel to the website so that we can create a lookalike audience of visitors and purchasers. This helped us generate better results in stage 2.
- We did not have access to their business manager. So, Facebook Pixel wasn’t configured properly and we had to create many different UTM parameters in order to track purchases and remove duplicate ones.
- To cross-check the no. of purchases and its value, we constantly tracked the data on Shopify (due to UTM parameters) and on Google Analytics.
- We created 6 different 3 different campaigns, each with a different bidding strategy. Each three campaigns had 5 different major ad sets.
- The types of creatives we tested were: carousel ads, image ads and slideshow ads. Image ads performed the best, followed by carousel and at the last slideshow.
- Client: NA (Confidential)
- Completed Date: December 2021